Being a busy mom I spent most days feeling caught in a whirlwind by all the chaos that comes with raising a household. The balancing act between getting kids ready for the day, schooling, household chores, work, errands and everything else that needs to get done can be overwhelming. The days turned into months, turned into days all blurred together and it seemed like a seemingly endless cycle and I began to wonder if anything would change. Then I discovered a simple change to my morning routine that has made a huge difference in how I feel each day. This is a helpful productivity tip for mompreneurs. This post will share with you how to start your day and change your life.
How to Start Your Day and Change Your Life : AKA -Productivity tip for Mompreneurs
Staring your morning off on the right foot can help set the tone for the entire day! I never considered myself a morning person before. In fact, I dreaded mornings. I would wake up cranky and it felt like I was trying to play catch up most of the day. Mornings were often chaotic and it felt like more often than not, that chaos would continue throughout the day. That was, until I kept hearing people raving about The Miracle Morning. People were raving about it! The book and concept were developed by Hal Elrod and consist of 6 habits that transform your morning before 8am! In a nutshell the habits (he calls them SAVERS) include Reading, Writing, Meditation/Prayer, Positive Affirmations, Visualization and Exercise. Just making the time to spend a few moments each morning on each habit sets the tone for the day and eventually transforms your life for the better. Sound too good to be true? I can’t give you all the nitty gritty because that would defeat the purpose of you reading the book and learning the details yourself. I don’t know….all I know is that these simple habits have had an impact on how my days play out compared to the days that I don’t make the time. If you are intrigued and would like to learn more yourself you can checkout the book here.
My Experience with Miracle Morning
Like I briefly mentioned earlier, implementing the miracle morning routine has completely changed how I function throughout my days. I feel a significant difference on the mornings that I wake up and follow the SAVERS, compared to when I don’t. When I am able to get up early and make time for myself in a positive way I notice more clarity and patience during the day. I am much more productive and in better mood, more energized and I feel less stressed and more prepared for the day. I never considered myself a morning person. In fact, I really despised getting up early. But now I look so forward to that time that it is easy for me to hop out of bed and take time for healthy habits both mentally and physically. This is what my morning looks like:
- Wakeup between 5 & 5:30am
- Lay in bed for about 5-7 minutes visualizing how I want my day to go, my week and spend some time on my big goal, what I’m really working towards.
- I get out of bed and head to my living room to get comfy for some silence while I meditate with my mala beads and say some affirmations.
- Next I grab a copy of whatever personal development book I am reading at the moment and read a chapter or two depending on the length I have and/or my kids wake up! If they wake up early we usually cozy up with our respective books until I’m finished.
- Occasionally I will get lucky and get a chance to get my writing in and maybe even a quick few minutes of squats lunges or abs before my little ones wake up. Otherwise they have been known to join in on the workout fun by helping to count my sets!
It really sets the tone for the day and I love how much more efficient and enjoyable my days are and how much more I have been able to accomplish in many aspects of my life. I highly recommend it as a productivity tip for mompreneurs. You can purchase the book here! They have a great community of like minded people for support and encouragement. It’s been a great addition to my personal development.