Tis the season for love! I have been making my own personal lubricant for years now and felt like trying out something new with Valentine’s Day approaching! I am happy to share with you my AMAZING Edible Whipped Love Butter you will love it!
Homemade Edible Whipped Love Butter
- 1 cup Coconut Oil solidified (where to buy)
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 5-10 drops of Essential Oils – if using more than 3 types use 3-4 drops each (where to buy)
- Small Glass Jar (where to buy)
Here is a list of my favorite oils for personal lubricant
- Ylang Ylang – These flowers have been used to decorate the bed of newlyweds. It balances male-female energies, enhances spiritual attunement, combats anger and low self esteem and restores confidence and peace.
- GoldenRod – This oil has relaxing and calming effects. Supports healthy urinary tract and liver function. It also supports circulatory system which means increased blood flow for him, (ahem) a “Goldenrod” if you will……
- Sensation- This beautiful smell is profoundly romantic, refreshing, and arousing It amplifies the excitement of experiencing new heights of self-expression and awareness and is helpful for frigidity.
- Black Pepper- This oil is stimulating, energizing and empowering. Black pepper fires up libido, provides a warming effect when used topically, and boosts energy and stamina.
- Cinnamon- Cinnamon bark is sweet, spicy and warming. It invigorates the senses, calms the nerves and improves circulation. Cinnamon increases desire, creativity and can improve erectile dysfunction and frigidity. This is a hot oil so use lightly to test out at first.
- Patchuli- is a relaxing oil the clarifies thoughts allowing for the release of jealousies, obsessions and insecurities.
- Peppermint- Is purifying and stimulating to the conscious mind. It will add a bit of a tingly sensation when added to the mix.
I recommend using Therapeutic grade Essential oils to use the most pure grade. Click here to learn more about therapeutic grade oils and where to get them.
- With a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the oil and sugar until it is fluffy like whipped cream. Add essential oils and beat to incorporate.
- Fill your desired container with the whipped body butter and refrigerate for another hour.
- This edible whipped body butter will keep about 6 months at room temperature. It will soften in warm weather because coconut oil liquifies at warmer temperatures. If this happens it can be re-whipped and stored in the refrigerator. This recipe also doubles as a killer massage butter or body butter! Enjoy!
***I get many emails regarding the use of sugar in this product and concerns of sugar causing yeast infections. I have not had a problem using the mix of coconut oil and pure therapeutic grade essential oils because they make a pretty un-inhabitable environment for candida. The sugar is used merely to make the concoction taste better if you would like for it to be edible and can be eliminated altogether.