If you follow me on Instagram you know that I cook….a lot! Over the last several years I have become a Kitchen Jedi! I can whip up a healthy, delicious meal in just about 30 minutes with just a few basic ingredients. But it wasn’t always this way, I had to be consistent and eventually it became like second nature.
The top 3 biggest excuses I hear from moms about eating healthy…….
3 Problems with Eating Healthy
- Meal Planning – Knowing what you are going to make ahead of time, plan ahead for busy days to throw in crock pot or Instant pot, repurposing leftovers, etc.
- Food Prep – Spend one day a week making broth, non-dairy milk, ferments, chop veggies, pre-cook meat.
- Bulk Cooking – Make roasts, a whole chicken or make a big batch of roasted veggies. You can always repurpose leftovers into breakfast or the next day’s lunch!
- Buy local food in season – More cost effective than out of season and exotic fruits/veggies that have traveled far and lost nutrients. Visit Farmer’s Market
- Cost breakdown of a meal – You can spend $25 at Farmer’s Market and it could be two meals for a family of 4. Fruits, Veggies, homemade breads & pastas, meats, olive oils, etc. Fun little day with family!b
- Thrive – 25-50% off, Free Shipping over $50, Free gifts often. Organic, non-GMO, Paleo, healthy foods. Saves time and money! Click here and get an additional 15% off your first purchase!
Family Won’t Eat It:
- Start Simple – Include favorites with new foods on the side or slowly incorporated in meals.
- Be Patient – Our pallets need to reset especially when we are eating foods with less sugars and additives. It can take some time for everyone to get accustomed to the new changes in tastes.
- Be Consistent – With patience and consistency you will be able to have healthier meals more often and
- Talk about Nutrition – You can’t deny that processed foods, additives and sugars are unhealthy.