Yoga and Meditation are vital to help us work toward becoming happier and more peaceful beings. However, this is not something that happens over night, this ongoing process can take a lifetime. It is common to wonder whether or not your regular yoga and meditation practices have been benefiting you, and if so, in what ways?
This post will discuss some ways that help to determine whether yoga and meditation are making a difference in your daily life. These are just some of the benefits and changes that are commonly experienced by people who regularly practice yoga and meditation. Here are some great tips for learning to meditate.
1. You feel calmer in your daily interactions with others, as well as in situations that may have once caused anger.
2. You realize you aren’t perfect, and life is a series of lessons to help you continue progressing.
3. You’re able to express yourself and your feelings without hurting others.
4. You see challenges as opportunities for growth.
5. You know the right thing to do, and you do it.
6. You feel compassion for others, including people, animals, and the earth.
7. You begin to appreciate things that you once took for granted.
8. You focus on solutions, rather than problems.
9. You try to maintain an ongoing positive attitude and recognize when you feel off-balance.
10. You love, appreciate, and respect yourself and others.
11. Your happiness comes more from nurturing your mind, body, and spirit, rather than from other people and/or material objects.
12. You seek and find new ways to feel motivated and inspired.
13. You begin to listen to your intuition.
14. Others feel happy and positive just by being around you.
15. People’s opinions of you don’t seem to matter much anymore.
16. The practices themselves seem less like an inconvenience and more like a lifestyle.
If you are new or interested in beginning meditation you can read more about some tips for starting up a meditate practice. Yoga and Meditation are great for anyone and everyone. The excuses I hear the most are that people can’t meditate because they can’t quiet their mind and that people can’t do yoga because they aren’t flexible. Coincidentally, those are the people who need it the most. Yoga and Meditation is NOT about perfection, just taking small baby steps, listening to your body and taking the time to practice is what is important. The benefits are immense and once you get comfortable with your regular practice you will be happy you did!
Do you have a regular yoga and meditation practice? How can you tell if it is working?
Disclaimer: Please note: I am not a medical professional, the information provided is strictly for informational purposes. Please use your careful discernment and double check with your naturopath or doctor before taking any vitamins or supplements
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Like what you've read? Sign-up for my newsletter and get tips and other information on how to live a healthier and happier lifestyle!