Tis the season for love! I have been making my own personal lubricant for years now and felt like trying out something new with Valentine’s Day approaching! I am happy to share with you my AMAZING Edible Whipped Love Butter you will love it!
Homemade Edible Whipped Love Butter
- 1 cup Coconut Oil solidified (where to buy)
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 5-10 drops of Essential Oils – if using more than 3 types use 3-4 drops each (where to buy)
- Small Glass Jar (where to buy)
Here is a list of my favorite oils for personal lubricant
- Ylang Ylang – These flowers have been used to decorate the bed of newlyweds. It balances male-female energies, enhances spiritual attunement, combats anger and low self esteem and restores confidence and peace.
- GoldenRod – This oil has relaxing and calming effects. Supports healthy urinary tract and liver function. It also supports circulatory system which means increased blood flow for him, (ahem) a “Goldenrod” if you will……
- Sensation- This beautiful smell is profoundly romantic, refreshing, and arousing It amplifies the excitement of experiencing new heights of self-expression and awareness and is helpful for frigidity.
- Black Pepper- This oil is stimulating, energizing and empowering. Black pepper fires up libido, provides a warming effect when used topically, and boosts energy and stamina.
- Cinnamon- Cinnamon bark is sweet, spicy and warming. It invigorates the senses, calms the nerves and improves circulation. Cinnamon increases desire, creativity and can improve erectile dysfunction and frigidity. This is a hot oil so use lightly to test out at first.
- Patchuli- is a relaxing oil the clarifies thoughts allowing for the release of jealousies, obsessions and insecurities.
- Peppermint- Is purifying and stimulating to the conscious mind. It will add a bit of a tingly sensation when added to the mix.
I recommend using Therapeutic grade Essential oils to use the most pure grade. Click here to learn more about therapeutic grade oils and where to get them.
- With a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the oil and sugar until it is fluffy like whipped cream. Add essential oils and beat to incorporate.
- Fill your desired container with the whipped body butter and refrigerate for another hour.
- This edible whipped body butter will keep about 6 months at room temperature. It will soften in warm weather because coconut oil liquifies at warmer temperatures. If this happens it can be re-whipped and stored in the refrigerator. This recipe also doubles as a killer massage butter or body butter! Enjoy!
***I get many emails regarding the use of sugar in this product and concerns of sugar causing yeast infections. I have not had a problem using the mix of coconut oil and pure therapeutic grade essential oils because they make a pretty un-inhabitable environment for candida. The sugar is used merely to make the concoction taste better if you would like for it to be edible and can be eliminated altogether.Disclaimer: Please note: I am not a medical professional, the information provided is strictly for informational purposes. Please use your careful discernment and double check with your naturopath or doctor before taking any vitamins or supplements
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Like what you've read? Sign-up for my newsletter and get tips and other information on how to live a healthier and happier lifestyle!