When the weather starts cooling off one of our favorite treats to enjoy is homemade flavored hot chocolate. Store bought flavored hot chocolate can contain nasty additives and ingredients so we try to avoid them as much as possible. Making your own homemade version is so easy and a much healthier alternative. Here is my recipe for homemade flavored hot chocolate that my family loves!
Homemade Flavored Hot Chocolate
- 4 Cups of Milk (see my easy homemade dairy free version here)
- 6 tablespoons of Organic Cocoa (where to buy)
- Raw Organic Honey (where to buy)
- Vanilla Extract (where to buy)
When using essential oils internally it is important to make sure that your essential oil brand is safe for consumption. If your oil brand is safe for consumption then it should have a supplement facts box with specific use instructions and warnings. Here is the brand of Essential Oils that i use and recommend for consumption.
- Heat 4 cups of milk in a saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Add 6 tablespoons unsweetened raw cocoa, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 4 teaspoons honey; whisk until smooth.
- When warm, remove from heat and mix in essential oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
With essential oils in the kitchen it is important to know that a little goes a long way! One drop really is enough. Add one drop to a toothpick to mix in the essential oil of your choice. Essential oil flavors I recommend are :
You can click here to learn more about where to find these pure essential oils which I personally use and recommend.