Obviously the #1 way to stop hangovers naturally is don’t drink! Well duh! But that isn’t very much fun all the time. Although it is a tried and true way to wake up feeling fresh as a daisy, if you are ready to have a good time let’s move on as I share my 7 Natural Cures for Hangovers.
- Eat Cucumber, Watermelon or Celery before bed- These foods are loaded with water which will help to flush excess toxins out of the liver and kidneys and help to prevent you from having a massive headache the next day. I’ve tried this and had good results, the only problem is at the end of the night a burrito sounds much more appetizing than vegetables and fruit!
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan sea salt, Citrus Essential Oils & Water- This is a great trick I have used before bed and have had good results. Therapeutic grade essential oils will help to flush out unwanted toxins, you can learn where I get my essential oils here. Himalayan sea salt is a great way to give the body essential nutrients that get depleted from alcohol and is also a great way to nourish your adrenals. I add the salt and 2 drops of essential oils and then add water and mix. Then I drink and try to drink more water again before bed to really help flush everything out.
- Magnesium- Did you know that more than 80% of people are magnesium deficient? And drinking alcohol helps to deplete the body of essential vitamins and nutrients, including magnesium. Here is more information on how you can add magnesium to your diet.
- Charcoal Lemonade- This gentle, daily detox tastes much better than it sounds. Its a great way to help remove toxins that were consumed the night before. Whip this up first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Many juicing brands have their version but here is my easy homemade version.
- Electrolyte Drink- Here is my homemade natural alternative to Gatorade. It is much healthier without all the nasty additives and so easy to make. More than likely you have all the ingredients on hand and can whip it up in a matter of minutes. Here is my recipe to make your own health, homemade electrolyte drink.
- Bone Broth- This comfort food is a great way to nourish a queasy stomach and load up the body with the necessary vitamins and nutrients. You can read more here about the healing benefits of bone broth and why you should be adding it to your daily regimen!
- Coffee Enema- I’m seriously serious. It sounds crazy but this is a great, relaxing method to detoxing, probably my favorite- no joke! It is a great way to relieve dehydration and headaches associated with hangovers. You can click here to read more about the benefits of a coffee enema.
Disclaimer: Please note: I am not a medical professional, the information provided is strictly for informational purposes. Please use your careful discernment and double check with your naturopath or doctor before taking any vitamins or supplements
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Like what you've read? Sign-up for my newsletter and get tips and other information on how to live a healthier and happier lifestyle!