If you are planning on having a drug-free childbirth, natural remedies and techniques can assist you and prevent complications during labor. Trusting the wisdom of nature and that of your natural birthing instincts is the way to go. A natural approach to childbirth is one of the best ways to ensure a healthy and happy birthing process for both mother and child.
Natural childbirth involves empowering women to achieve labor according to the rhythm of breath during contraction in a relaxed manner despite having to endure pain. If you are like many women and feel anxious about giving birth, herbs for childbirth can help you have a positive outlook and be able to deal with the physical pain of contraction more effectively.
5 Tips for a Successful Natural Childbirth
- Yoga- Breathing techniques used in Yoga assist with coping with labour pain and also assists in strengthening the bones of the body. Practicing yoga postures throughout your pregnancy lowers the chances of complications during pregnancy and at the time of childbirth. Find a prenatal class near you and connect with other expecting moms. Here are some prenatal yoga postures that you can do at home.
- Meditation – Meditation during labor and delivery is also particularly beneficial for managing pain and for encouraging an easier overall birthing process. Meditation has been shown to decrease levels of stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline (which increase anxiety during stressful situations) and can increase hormones such as melatonin, which promote a sense of calm. Meditation also increases the production of endorphins, natural pain relievers in the body. meditation can also help to lower blood pressure and heart rate, reducing the risk of pregnancy complications such as pre-eclampsia and is helping in reducing anxiety. If you are new to meditation here are some tips for beginners.
- Essential Oils- In American culture alternative therapies are making their way into our lifestyles for situations such as labor and birth, among many other things. Essential oils for labor can be just what you need if you are looking for safe, healthy options for labor. Not only can essential oils help ease discomfort, but they can also help keep you relaxed and grounded to help your labor progress well.
- Herbs & Supplements- Herbs for childbirth can be very useful in supporting the birthing mother during the stages of labor both mentally and physically. Herbs are used safely during birth to help ease labor pains naturally, without the need for medication or epidural. Herbs for labor and delivery have assisted women throughout the centuries before medical birth was introduced.
- Support- The people in the labor room with you have a huge effect on your natural childbirth experience, so choose your support people carefully. Your partner can be an excellent companion during your labor. Some women feel comfortable with their mother, sister, or best friend by their side during labor as well. Many expectant moms hire a doula for additional support during a natural birth. A doula has extensive wisdom about natural childbirth, and will be able to help you and your coach through each stage of labor. Your partner will not know what to expect or what to do during labor if you’re never talked about it so it is imperative that you both be prepared. Taking a natural birthing class in your are, or going through an online birthing class together, gives you both a chance to plan for the labor. Whether you choose to have a doula or not, having any form of continuous physical and emotional support (other than your professional medical team) has been shown to make labor shorter and more positive birthing experience.
These techniques practiced regularly will help to empower your to birth with freedom and joy and will help you have the best advantage when it comes to having a successful drug-free childbirth. If you are interested in learning more in detail about how to utilize the tips mentioned above checkout my Online Mindful Birthing Course where you will learn how to naturally manage discomforts during pregnancy, prepare the mind and body for labor and how to heal postpartum. Even if you are not planning on having a natural, drug-free labor, these techniques are still very helpful in having a stress-free birth experience.
Disclaimer: Please note: I am not a medical professional, the information provided is strictly for informational purposes. Please use your careful discernment and double check with your naturopath or doctor before taking any vitamins or supplements
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Like what you've read? Sign-up for my newsletter and get tips and other information on how to live a healthier and happier lifestyle!